W2321EP Layout Element
The Layout Element is a complete high-frequency physical design environment from Keysight EEsof EDA, the technology and innovation leader in high-frequency mixed-signal electronic design automation (EDA). It is seamlessly integrated into ADS, the only design simulation platform that enables the co-design of IC, package and board in high-frequency and hi-speed applications. It seamlessly integrates system, circuit, and full 3D electromagnetic simulation with Keysight’s test instrumentation for you to do single pass successful electronic designs repeatedly.
The ADS Layout Element was developed specifically for the physical design of high frequency layouts in MMICs, RF Modules, RF PCBs and printed Antennas where the physical geometries, dimensions and proximity must be carefully calculated and positioned to give optimum performance at RF and microwave frequencies. It is seamlessly integrated with the ADS schematic environment where editing of dimensions in layout updates the schematic and vice-versa in a process called design synchronization, so that the impact of layout changes can be instantly simulated by the circuit; planar and full 3D electromagnetic; or system simulators in ADS.
Functionality Included in this Element
- Layout – Comprehensive physical design environment specifically geared for high-frequency circuit development.
- DXF Translator – Provides bi-directional translation to/from layouts in the DXF file format.
- Gerber Translator – Provides bi-directional translation to/from layouts in the Gerber file format.
- IGES Translator – Neutral graphics database format designed primarily for data exchange between mechanical CAD systems.
- GDS-II Translator – Bi-directional graphics file translator.
- ADS Desktop DRC – Keysight’s native Design Ruler Checker that is tightly integrated into ADS.