Let’s learn together what is Doble Test.
For this, we will compare two famous Transformer Testing Equipment: Doble M4100 Versus CPC100
Doble’s M4100 or Omicron’s CPC 100? let’s try to help you to decide between the two best testing equipment available in the market.
When it comes to selecting the right electrical test equipment for the job, this decision can be difficult to make.
This is because there are many test equipment to choose from, depending on the type of test to be performed.
While some equipment are designed to perform a specific test, some are multi-functional and designed to perform more than one.
With each design classification having its merit, opting for a multi-purpose testing equipment for use on site is always best.
This gives the added benefit of being prepared should any other testing be required while working.
Having considered the test equipment available, there are two standout equipment which stands out above the rest.
They are Omicron’s CPC100 and Doble’s M4100.
- The Omicron CPC 100 is a powerful tool that allows for carrying out various tests on a substation.
- It is a multi-purpose test equipment and has inbuilt Omicron’s patented primary injection test system.
- This eliminates the need for having many individual test tools thereby reducing transportation and training cost as well.
As a result of this, the CPC100 becomes the ideal equipment for performing tests on and maintaining substation assets.
These features are what make the CPC 100 the instrument of choice in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Doble M4100 is also an electrical testing equipment that can be used to perform varieties of comprehensive diagnostic test.
- Not only does it carry out many functions, but it also produces results from the tests that are accurate and reliable.
- As a result of this, it is highly regarded as the approved standard for industries in terms of diagnostic tools.
- This is what gives the M4100 higher score points than the CPC100.
What are Similarities between the M4100 and the CPC100?
- They are multi-purpose electrical testing equipments.
- They can be used to perform tests on any power trsanformer with ratings of up to 12kV.
- Cooling fans located on the sides allows for its usage in a standing position.
- The modules on the M4100 and CPC100 can be easily replaced and also allow for upgrades.
- They can be easily carried around as they weigh less than 50kg.
What are Differences Between The CPC100 and M4100?
- The CPC100 does not offer self-calibration while the M4100 offers self-calibration for reliable and accurate results.
- The CPC100 is not as powerful as its M4100 counterpart.
- The CPC100 has a very friendly user manual compared to that of the M4100.
Power supply and mechanical data
Single-phase (Nominal) 100 VAC … 240 VAC, 16A
Single-phase (Permissible) 85VAC … 264VAC (L-N or L-L)
Frequency, nominal 50Hz / 60 Hz
Power consumption < 3500 VA (< 7000VA for a time < 10 s)
Connection IEC 320 / C20
Weight 29 kg / 64 lbs (case without protection cover)
Dimensions (W × H × D) 468 × 394 × 233 mm (18.4 × 15.5 × 9.2 in), cover, without
EMC EN 61326-1 Class A, IEC 61326-1 Class A,
FCC Subpart B of Part 15 Class A, CE conform (2004/108/EC)
Safety EN 61010-1, IEC 61010-1, UL 61010-1, CE conform (2006/95/EC)
Shock IEC / EN 60068-2-27, 15 g / 11 ms, half-sinusoid, each axis
Vibration IEC / EN 60068-2-6, frequency range from 10Hz to 150Hz, continuous acceleration 2g
(20 m⁄s2 / 65 ft ⁄s2), 10 cycles per axis
Technical Specifications of the Doble M4100
Note: To operate the M4100 system requires a personal computer
Input Power: 95-264 VAC
47 to 63 Hz, with no loss in performance when used with portable generators.
16 A max at 110 V
10 A max at 220 V
|Range of Output Voltage:||0 to 12 kV|
|Output Power:||3k VA|
Output Current: 100 mA continuous at 10 kV
200 mA > 30 minutes at 10 kV
300 mA > 4 minute at 10 kV
Output Frequency: 45 to 70 Hz
Resolution: 0.1 Hz
Measurement Range and Resolution
Test Current Range: 0 to 5.0 A auto ranging
Resolution: 0.1 µA
Range: 0 to ±100.00% PF
0 to ±999.99% Tan d
Resolution: 0.01% (0.0001)
Range: 0 to 100 µF
Resolution: 0.01 pF
Range: 6H to 10MH
Resolution: 0.01 mH
Range: 0 to 2 kW, actual power
Resolution: 0.5 mW
Operating Temperature: -20° to 50° C / -4° to 122° F
Dimensions 10.3 H x 20 W x 25.3 D (inch)
26 H x 50.8 W x 64.1 D (cm)
Weights 95 lb / 43 kg